PAA Advisory | Conseils’ Payments and Financial Services team is hiring at the Senior Advisor level to support its government relations work. The Payments and Financial Services team works with clients across the financial services ecosystem including card networks, payment processors, fintechs, financial institutions, and leading industry associations to support their government relations and public policy agenda in Canada. Issues of focus include consumer protection, open banking, payments system modernization, anti-money laundering legislation, cryptocurrencies, and the oversight of federally regulated financial institutions.
Candidates wishing to be considered should have the following:
- 5 years of relevant experience in a government, industry association, think-tank, or consulting setting relevant to financial sector policy; or an equivalent combination of experience and relevant advanced studies at the graduate level;
- a high degree of familiarity with the public policy and government decision-making processes, institutions, and governance frameworks, as well as the stakeholder ecosystem;
- demonstrated knowledge and experience providing written and/or verbal briefings to organizational leaders;
- completed an undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as political science, public policy, finance, business etc.; graduate studies not required but would be an asset;
- experience/capacity in translating technical information into a format useful for public policy decision-making.
As a member of our team, you will be based in Ottawa or Toronto and responsible for providing day-to-day support and advice to other Advisors, Client Directors and Managing Directors supporting the firm’s clients in several ways, including:
- drafting presentation materials, advocacy documents and communications materials for internal and external audiences;
- drafting reports, public policy studies and political analysis (in conjunction with your colleagues) that can serve as a foundation for advising clients;
- providing ongoing, real-time advice and insight to leaders of client organizations and having day-to-day responsibility for managing the government and regulatory affairs needs of clients;
- engaging in advocacy activities – including but not limited to lobbying – focused on Designated Public Office Holders, other public officials, and relevant stakeholders;
- building and maintaining relationships with relevant stakeholders, think tanks and trade associations in relevant sectors;
- monitoring, gathering information and analyzing public policy relevant to a client’s issues;
- monitoring and reporting on the activities and proceedings of the House of Commons and Senate, including Question Period and Committees;
- monitoring and reporting on the activities and proceedings of certain Provincial Legislatures as required;
- undertaking research and providing analysis on stakeholder groups, media coverage, government decision-makers, regulatory and legislative processes;
This is a full-time position based in Ottawa or Toronto.
Submit your CV and cover letter to careers@PAAinc.ca
Thank you for your interest in PAA Advisory | Conseils. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.