PAA Advisory | Conseils is currently seeking an Intern to contribute to our government relations efforts in the Transportation and Supply Chain Sector. As the backbone of the Canadian economy, this sector is subject to extensive regulations. Your role would involve monitoring and reporting on new regulations, consultations, and government position.
This position offers a unique opportunity to collaborate closely with key players in the Canadian supply chain. With the government of Canada establishing a Supply Chain Office and regulating a more resilient, digital network, your role would ensure stakeholders are consulted and able to express their perspectives. This internship is also a chance to draft influential materials that shape new policies for the government of Canada, representing the concerns and interests of industry.
Candidates wishing to be considered should have:
- demonstrated knowledge or experience in politics and/or party politics;
- an ability to concisely summarize the happenings of Parliament/Parliamentary committees;
- experience in a corporate, government, industry association, think-tank, or consulting setting would be an asset;
- bilingualism would be a strong asset;
- familiarity with public policy and government decision-making processes, institutions, and governance frameworks;
As a member of our team, you will be based in Ottawa* and responsible for providing day to day support and advice to other Advisors, Client Directors and Managing Directors supporting the firm’s clients in several ways including:
- monitoring, gathering information and analyzing the public policy environment for developments relevant to a client’s issues;
- undertaking research and providing analysis on stakeholder groups, media coverage, government decision makers, regulatory and legislative processes;
- drafting presentation materials, advocacy documents and communications materials for internal and external audiences;
- drafting reports, public policy studies and political analysis (in conjunction with your colleagues) for that can serve as a foundation for advising clients;
- providing ongoing, real-time advice and insight to leaders of client organizations and having day- to-day responsibility for managing the government and regulatory affairs needs of clients;
- engage in advocacy activities – including but not limited to lobbying – focused on Designated Public Office Holders, other public officials, and relevant stakeholders;
- coordination and review of the work of external translators (and occasional informal translation);
- preparing advocacy documentation and communications documents; and,
- building and maintaining relationships with relevant decision makers and stakeholders by adding value and substance to their deliberations and maintaining a reputation for personal integrity and trustworthy conduct.
*Note that this a fixed term contract position located at our downtown Ottawa office.
Submit your CV and cover letter to careers@PAAinc.ca
Thank you for your interest in PAA Advisory | Conseils. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.