PAA Advisory | Conseils’ technology and payments team is hiring at the Intern level to support its government relations work.
Candidates wishing to be considered should have the following:
- completed a master’s degree in a relevant field such as political science, public policy, finance, etc.;
- demonstrated knowledge or experience in politics and/or party politics;
- an ability to concisely summarize the happenings of Parliament/Parliamentary committees;
- experience in a corporate, government, industry association, think-tank, or consulting setting would be an asset;
- bilingualism would be an asset;
- familiarity with the public policy and government decision-making processes, institutions, and governance frameworks;
As a member of our team, you will be based in Ottawa (presence at our office is required) and responsible for providing day-to-day support and advice to other Advisors, Client Directors and Managing Directors supporting the firm’s clients in several ways, including:
- monitoring, gathering information and analyzing the public policy environment for developments relevant to a client’s issues;
- undertaking research and providing analysis on stakeholder groups, media coverage, government decision-makers, and regulatory and legislative processes;
- drafting presentation materials, advocacy documents and communications materials for internal and external audiences;
- drafting reports, public policy studies and political analysis (in conjunction with your colleagues) that can serve as a foundation for advising clients;
- providing ongoing, real-time advice and insight to leaders of client organizations and having day-to-day responsibility for managing the government and regulatory affairs needs of clients;
- engage in advocacy activities – including but not limited to lobbying – focused on Designated Public Office Holders, other public officials, and relevant stakeholders;
- coordination and review of the work of external translators (and occasional informal translation);
- preparing advocacy documentation and communications documents; and,
- building and maintaining relationships with relevant decision-makers and stakeholders by adding value and substance to their deliberations and maintaining a reputation for personal integrity and trustworthy conduct.
This is a full-time, fixed-contract position at our downtown Ottawa office.
Submit your CV and cover letter to careers@PAAinc.ca.
Thank you for your interest in PAA Advisory | Conseils. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.