PAA Advisory | Conseils is hiring at the Intern level to support our government relations work.
Candidates wishing to be considered should have:
- completed a master’s degree in a relevant field such as political science, public policy, environmental science, etc;
- demonstrated knowledge or experience in politics and/or party politics;
- an ability to concisely summarize the happenings of Parliament/Parliamentary committees;
- experience in a corporate, government, industry association, think-tank, or consulting setting would be an asset;
- bilingualism would be an asset;
- familiarity with the public policy and government decision-making processes, institutions, and governance frameworks;
As a member of our team, you will be based in Ottawa (presence at our office is required) and responsible for providing day to day support and advice to other Advisors, Client Directors and Managing Directors supporting the firm’s clients in several ways including:
- monitoring, gathering information and analyzing the public policy environment for developments relevant to a client’s issues;
- undertaking research and providing analysis on stakeholder groups, media coverage, government decision makers, regulatory and legislative processes;
- drafting presentation materials, advocacy documents and communications materials for internal and external audiences;
- drafting reports, public policy studies and political analysis (in conjunction with your colleagues) for that can serve as a foundation for advising clients;
- providing ongoing, real-time advice and insight to leaders of client organizations and having day- to-day responsibility for managing the government and regulatory affairs needs of clients;
- engage in advocacy activities – including but not limited to lobbying – focused on Designated Public Office Holders, other public officials, and relevant stakeholders;
- coordination and review of the work of external translators (and occasional informal translation);
- preparing advocacy documentation and communications documents; and,
- building and maintaining relationships with relevant decision makers and stakeholders by adding value and substance to their deliberations and maintaining a reputation for personal integrity and trustworthy conduct.
Note that this a full-time, fixed contract position located at our downtown Ottawa office.
Submit your CV and cover letter to careers@PAAinc.ca
Thank you for your interest in PAA Advisory | Conseils. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.