PAA Advisory | Conseils’ technology and payments team is hiring at the Advisor level to support its government relations work.
Candidates wishing to be considered should have the following:
- 2-3 years of experience in a corporate, government, industry association, think-tank, or consulting setting;
- a high degree of familiarity with the public policy and government decision-making processes, institutions, and governance frameworks, as well as the stakeholder ecosystem relevant to the finance, technology, and payments sectors;
- demonstrated knowledge and experience providing written and/or verbal briefings to organizational leaders;
- completed an advanced degree in a relevant field such as political science, public policy, etc.;
- experience/ capacity in translating technical and scientific information into a format useful for public policy decision-making.
As a member of our team, you will be based in Ottawa (presence at our office is required) and responsible for providing day-to-day support and advice to other Advisors, Client Directors and Managing Directors supporting the firm’s clients in several ways, including:
- monitoring, gathering information and analyzing public policy relevant to a client’s issues;
- monitoring the activities and proceedings of the House of Commons and Senate, including Question Period and Committees;
- undertaking research and providing analysis on stakeholder groups, media coverage, government decision-makers, and regulatory and legislative processes;
- drafting presentation materials, advocacy documents and communications materials for internal and external audiences;
- drafting reports, public policy studies and political analysis (in conjunction with your colleagues) that can serve as a foundation for advising clients;
- providing ongoing, real-time advice and insight to leaders of client organizations and having day-to-day responsibility for managing the government and regulatory affairs needs of clients;
- engage in advocacy activities – including but not limited to lobbying – focused on Designated Public Office Holders, other public officials, and relevant stakeholders;
- building and maintaining relationships with relevant decision-makers and stakeholders by adding value and substance to their deliberations and maintaining a reputation for personal integrity and trustworthy conduct.
This is a full-time position at our downtown Ottawa office.
Submit your CV and cover letter to careers@PAAinc.ca
Thank you for your interest in PAA Advisory | Conseils. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.